Tuesday, December 8, 2009

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

December 8, 2009

Being gone from the states during this time for the past 4 years, I had forgotten how BIG American celebrates Christmas! Wow! Lights, decorated houses and lawns, toy and electronic advertisements, Christmas TV specials…….it is overwhelming, but it is also very fun to be a part of every now and then.

Our kids are enjoying this season. Saturday after Thanksgiving we picked out our Christmas tree. I love having a real tree (to me, our plastic tree in Paraguay is just not the same). The kids had fun decorating it with lights and ornaments.

I have all my Christmas shopping done! In Paraguay we only do stocking gifts but this year we will put gifts under the tree. It has been nice to actually be able to buy the kids things they want.










This past weekend we stayed in Dallas. Friday night we were with my college room-mate, Holly and her family. We had lost touch over the years, so it was good to be able to catch up. Saturday we stayed with Jeff’s aunt and uncle. Jeff did a wonderful job speaking at their Sunday school class.

Saturday we took the kids to the Galleria to see the big Christmas tree. As soon as they saw the ice rink, Ryan, Ginny and Tyler decided that they wanted to try it. Tyler never could find (or cared to find) his center of gravity. He wanted me to push him around the rink the entire time. He was dead weight and I got very tired. Ginny said she loved it, even though there were few times both her hands left the railing. Ryan got the hang of it and although he fell a lot, he was able to skate in the center of the rink.







2 comments:

houghslife (how's life?) said...

Candy canes?!? I forgot all about those things. Enjoy the time with your family! Blessings!!

Naomi said...

Looks like you all had fun! Read my comment on your next post. Tee hee!