Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, MICAH!

September 29, 2010

I can’t believe Micah is already 4 years old! He is such a funny little guy. We are constantly laughing at the things he comes up with, the crazy things he does and the way he expresses himself. He is very animated! He loves his rain boots (he wears them ALL the time, EVERYDAY) and goggles. He loves catching frogs and caterpillars (plenty of both around here). He runs, jumps, or slides everywhere.


I found something constructive Micah can do with scissors - helping to cut green onions for soup.


He is a typical little boy with lots of energy, a curious mind, and a love for testing (and pushing) the limits. I asked Micah to pick up the Legos and he told me “no”. I said that he may not leave the room until they were all picked up. He began to cry. After about 10 minutes I realized it had gotten quiet and I prided myself on winning the battle. However, when I went to check on him, I first noticed that the Legos were not picked up at all. I then noticed that Micah had fallen asleep in the toy box!


Micah LOVES baby Julia and never passes up an opportunity to get right in her face to say, “Hello”.


The kids love making hammocks. Micah loves to sleep in his (looks terribly uncomfortable to me).


A tradition we have in our house is decorating the bed of the birthday kid once they fall asleep.


I made a dinosaur cake and today we just celebrated as a family. Sunday we will be in Asuncion and celebrate Micah and Tyler’s birthday (which is 10-10) together with a Star Wars themed party.

2 comments:

Liz Crittenden said...

We LOVE that guy! Sounds like ya'll had a fun day celebrating with him.
Wish we could be there for the BIG party on Sunday.
Loved the picture of him asleep in the toy box!!! :)
Isn't it cool how God created each of us differently???!!! Micah is his own unique guy. We look forward to when we can be with him (and the rest of you)!
Birthday Blessings, Micah!!
Oma & Opa

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Micah!!!! Love you guys!