Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SUNDAY SCHOOL

February 20, 2011

It was an answer to prayer when Rosi and Paulina asked if they could teach the children during church (it has been a while since the kids have had their own class time). I felt that the church was waiting on me to lead it, but frankly, I didn’t feel a peace about adding that to my weekly commitments. Rosi and Paulina approached me Thursday and asked if I would help them organize what they should say and do. Together we decided that Daniel and the Lion’s Den would be a great story since they already had that one memorized (one of leaders doesn’t know how to read).
Sunday morning they both admitted to being very nervous. However, both did an incredible job telling the (memorized) story and holding the kids accountable to retell the story and memory verse. Next, the kids laughed as they dressed up in the dress-up clothes I brought from home in order to act out the story.

All the adults in our church group are first generation Christians. It is amazing to look around the church circle and see so many children - children who have the opportunity to grow up in a Christian family and with Christian values. Please pray for these ladies (and others who, in faith, will volunteer) to teach our little ones with stories that they missed out on when they were young.

Paulina teaching Sunday School


The kids are all dressed up in order to act out the story of Daniel.


2 comments:

paraguayalyssa said...

SO cool, Amy! Aren't you so thankful you didn't let your guilt/ ideals cause you to jump the gun and volunteer? May we all be so patient... I especially loved what you said at the end about these kids growing up with the stories their parents' missed out on. I'm constantly amazed at how our worldviews are shaped by the stories, fairytales, or mytos we hear when growing up. Praise the Lord!

Abbie said...

Oooo I love this post! Wow- your church is really coming along! When you email me your address let me know what kinds of sewing supplies you think you might need and I'd love to send you some. What kind of machine do you have? It's a great resource for making costumes and other things for Bible class, etc. Want some patterns?