Thursday, January 23, 2014

HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY, RYAN!


We celebrated Ryan’s birthday with 2 other mission families at a newly opened pool 20 minutes from our house.  The owners let us have it all to ourselves and they cooked us a fabulous lunch.  It is amazing to me that in the middle of nowhere, in a small colonia, off the red clay road there is a beautiful, clean, shaded oasis from the heat.

 

It was a great day....a great birthday....and great memories were made.

 

 pool volleyball
fabulous lunch


Volley ball – one of Ryan’s favorite sports.  He’s getting pretty good at it too.  He and Jeff make a great (competitive) team.

For his birthday dessert Ryan requested one of his favorites - Mrs. Christie’s Guava Pie.  He’s only ever had it at her house but each time he does I hear about it and he asks me to get to the recipe.  Little does he know that I have had the recipe since the first time he bragged about how good it tasted 4 years ago.  I just have never made it (guess I’m just more of a chocolate pie maker myself).  But what’s even better than asking mom to make Mrs. Christie’s pie?  having Mrs. Christie make Mrs. Christie’s pie, of course.  And that’s just the sort of wonderful teammates we have.  Mrs. Christie volunteered to bake it and boy was Ryan happy.

No comments: