Sunday, July 26, 2009

QUOTABLE QUOTES

In the airplane:

Joshua: “I thought I’d be able to see planets and stars while in the airplane, but I am glad that there is a bathroom.”

Micah asked to go potty a lot just so he could flush the airplane toilet and watch the “oooo, blue” liquid flush down.


In the airport in Miami:

Ginny: “What is that?”
Mom: “A water fountain.”
Ginny: “Wow! I’ve never seen one in real life. Can I try it?”

Ryan: “People keep speaking English to me and by the time I realize what language to answer back, I have to go.”


At the Grandparents house:

Ryan: “Grandma and Grandpa must be rich. I see so much carpet here.”

Ginny: “I thought this was a mansion but then I saw that the back yard was small.”

Joshua: “What is this?” (pointing at the microwave).

Ryan: “This will save me tons of time.” (when I explained that when he had dish duty, all he had to do was rinse and load the washer. The dishwasher was a real novelty for all the kids).

None of the kids believed me when I told them that they can now flush the toilet paper down the toilet. Not throwing the paper in the trash will be a hard habit to break.


Around town:

Ginny to Ryan: “Are those mailboxes? I’ve never seen one in real life.”

Ginny in the pool: “Watch me dog peddle.” (doggie paddle)

Ginny: “Mom, what’s a Wal-Mart?”

Thursday Jeff’s mom, Ginny and I were in a car accident. We crashed pretty hard into the person in front of us, but thankfully no one was hurt. After a few second Ginny said, “Why aren’t we moving?” I looked back at her, “Honey we hit the car in front of us. Didn’t you feel that?” Ginny answered, “Oh, that’s what that was? I thought we just went over a big bump.” Ah, my girl is very use to our bumpy dirt roads!

Ginny (when we saw a dog running across the street): “I thought you said there were no animals in American, Mom.” (what I said was that there were no chickens and horses and cows roaming the streets.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting....
It was great to see y'all! You have a beautiful family! Lauren

Jenifer Davidson said...

this must be a hoot for yall. brad and i laughed out loud when we read the quotes. oh the things we take for granted!!!

looking forward to seeing yall soon.

jenifer

David and Whitney Scott said...

It was so great to do breakfast with you all and catch up last week. I feel like we barely scratched the surface. Looking forward to a visit in the fall!

Whitney

Abbie said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay! I've been waiting for this post for months. I couldn't wait to see what they thought. My favorite is Ryan's about trying to figure out what language people are speaking! That is hiLARious! That and Ginny's fascination with the water fountain! Ha ha! Thank you sooo much for sharing! :)

paraguayalyssa said...

Awesome post, Amy! It's so easy to forget the adjustment your kids are making. I'll be much better about keeping you all in my prayers! For some reason, Ginny's quotes were my favorites. I LOVED the one about not realizing you'd hit the car in front of you. I can SO hear you asking her if she didn't realize it! Can't wait to reconnect.

Emma said...

that's so fun to read! :)

Adam Cramer said...

It's hard to believe that it's been over a year since I met you guys down in Paraguay and we had all of those INTENSE volleyball matches! :-P

These quotes cracked me up! Will be praying for a smooth transition for your family.