Saturday, August 1, 2009

SUNDAY

Sunday, July 26, 2009

What a warm welcome we received this morning at Belton Church of Christ this morning!

As we walked into the sanctuary Ryan and Ginny’s eyes got big. Ginny said, “This is so big.” Ryan said, “There are so many people at this church.” In Paraguay we have 30 believers who worship outside.

I noticed that all the moms brought cheerios, coloring book and toys to help entertain their kids. In Paraguay when our kids get antsy, they climb a tree, play in the sandbox or watch the ducks.

During worship, I could barely get through the song How Great is our God. I wanted to shout out, “You have no idea how great our God is! These past few days he has overwhelmed me with his blessings.”

While we were singing How Great Though Art, I looked at Ryan. He was singing the song in Spanish (he doesn’t know it in English).


After church we had a wonderful meal at the Taliafero’s house. We got to visit with Liz (the grandkids call her Oma) who is in town to help Jed get started in college. It had been two years since we last saw her. At 3:00 people started arriving at their house to help celebrate Jedidiah’s birthday/graduation party. At one point, I realized that I hadn’t seen Jeff in a while. As I began to look around the house for him, I saw him sitting on the back porch…drinking terere alone. I guess no one wanted to leave the air-conditioning inside!

We started our home assignment running….visiting and traveling, although we wouldn’t have done it any other way, we are all tired and the two little ones have been sick since arriving in the states.

Lunch with Taliaferos and Womacks


Our family with Oma and Uncle Diah

No comments: