Thursday, September 17, 2009

driving to….HOUSTON

Saturday, September 12, 2009

We’ve begun our marathon road trip! This morning we woke our kids up early, threw them in our loaded down car, drove through Shipley’s doughnuts and headed to Houston. Our first stop along the way was in Huntsville to see the giant San Houston statue (67ft tall). Next, we stopped at the San Jacinto battle field monument where Texans gained their independence from Mexico and we saw the Battleship Texas.

We spent the afternoon (and could have stayed longer) at the Lyndon B Johnson Space Center in Houston. There were so many hands-on activities for the kids and I think they learned a few things too!

That evening we stayed with Kindra, David and their three precious daughters. When I was in 7th grade Kindra, a nurse, came to my house and showed my family slides of her year-long mission trip to Mozambique, Africa. It was then that I told my parents, “I want to be just like her – a nurse and a missionary.”



Space cadets


One small step...


Ginny with her friends

No comments: