Saturday, March 6, 2010

OLYMPIC QUOTES

We have really been enjoying the Olympics on TV.

While watching the ski jump Ginny said, “That looks easy, but I think it is harder than it looks.”
Shocked, I said, “You think that looks easy?”
Ginny replied in all seriousness, “Well, all you have to do is ski down that big hill and jump as far as you can. And in the air you have to figure out how to land without breaking your legs.”

Tyler is fascinated with the ski cross. He said, “I want to do that at the Olympics one day.”
I said, “Well, then you’ll have to start practicing now if you want to get any good at it by then.”
Tyler replied, “No, I don’t want to do it now, I want to do it at the next Olympics.”
“Oh,” I said. “But these people have been practicing for years. When they were your age, they already knew how to ski.”
He gave me a puzzled look and pointed to the TV. “Are they kids or adults?”
“They are adults.”
With a little annoyance in his voice he said, “And when I am an adult, I will ski like that too, but now I am just a kid so I can play.”
I realized that there was no point in arguing with him…..


Other non-Olympic funnies:

Ryan (I don’t get too many quotes off of him, so I am glad he gave me a good one!): “Can I have a barbarian filled doughnut?” (Bavarian)

Ginny: “Can I shovel the cards?” (Shuffle)

Tyler: “I wear these so my ribs don’t get hit.” (Knocking on his shin guards).

2 comments:

Liz Crittenden said...

Love these! Make me smile!
Miss ya'll.
Let's Skype sometime.

houghslife (how's life?) said...

Tyler sounds like Eli...gotta love those 5 1/2 year olds. I can only imagine the conversations they would have together!