Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Piano Recital

Sunday, March 7, 2009

Sunday Ryan, Ginny, and Joshua had their first piano recital. They played pieces that they had composed. I am not sure who was more nervous – them or me. When Ginny was finished she said, “I was so nervous. My knees were shaking so badly that my hands forgot what to do.” All three did a fabulous job and I am so proud of their courage and talent.

On a side note, towards the end of the recital Micah grabbed my bracelet. It broke, sending beads noisily bouncing all over the floor. I was quite embarrassed!

Kids pointing to their compositions.


Ryan's composition is called Another Day at the Office


Ginny's composition is called The Animal Zoo


Joshua's composition is called The Jumping Monkey

2 comments:

Naomi said...

What fun! I am sure your beads just added to the music. Can't wait to get together soon, friend!

Liz Crittenden said...

Amy,
Please pass this on to Ryan, Ginny & Josh.

Wow!! I'm so impressed with your creativity. One way you can reflect God is to be creative. I'm so glad you could have this learning opportunity while ya'll are in the States. I'm sorry we couldn't be at your recital, but I'm glad Opa & I got to hear each one of you play while we were there in the States.

I remember how nervous I was when I had to perform at piano recitals!! Even though I was nervous, I often did well enough to earn awards. I'm glad I learned & got better & better as I got older. You will too!! Keep on practicing & keep on creating new songs!

Love ya!
Hugs & Blessings!
Oma