Monday, June 28, 2010

Bainbridge Island, WASHINGTON

June 7-9, 2010

We drove to Seattle (where I was born) Monday and picked up a dear friend, Donna. Donna was our neighbor and her daughter, Marit, who was 12 at the time, became my first babysitter. When I was 2 years old my family moved to Hawaii, but still kept up a relationship with Marit and Donna. We travelled often to visit them and they came to Hawaii many times to see us. After years of friendship evangelism, Donna had the privilege of seeing my mother accept Christ.

The last time we had visited was December 1994. Donna and Marit came to my wedding in 1998, but of course we didn’t have a chance to really talk. It is always special for me to be around those who knew my mother and especially wonderful to be around those who had such a special place in my mother’s heart. Donna and Marit had put together some pictures of me, my mom and dad and Donna even gave me a cassette tape of my mother’s testimony from 1980 that I will treasure.

We spent that evening and the following day visiting about Seattle, Hawaii, Paraguay, Texas and Kenya (where Marit and her family recently lived for three years). We did take the kids to a wonderful park with wild bunny rabbits and ducks.

Donna (who led my mom to the Lord) and Marit (my first baby sitter)


Micah and Tyler cooking with new friends

No comments: