Sunday, August 8, 2010

JULIA'S ARRIVAL!

August 3, 2010 (2 days past my due date) at 10:30pm my water broke and contractions started right afterward. I went to bed hoping to wake up in full labor.

Instead, I spent the entire day (August 4) laboring with contractions 10-20 minutes a part.

Here's what the kids did to help pass the time:







24 hours after my water had broken and with my contractions still so spaced a apart, Jeff decided to start a pitocin drip on me.

Here's the doc/father/husband in action and our IV set up.




My contractions picked up, thankfully.

August 5, 2010 at 2:25am (after 27 hours of labor!) Julia Leilani was born! She is beautiful, healthy and very loved.

Minutes old


Seeing her for the first time up close


I know that if Jeff was telling the story, he would brag on me, but since this is my blog, I want to tell you what an awesome job he did. I asked him earlier if he was nervous at all and he said no. He was totally prepared for a home birth. He had a lot on his mind being doctor and husband and father. He juggled those hats with ease. Julia is the first McKissick that he has delivered and our first home birthing experience – two things we have talked about with each kid. It was really a special experience.



7lbs, 5oz....20in long


family of 8





3 comments:

Abbie said...

Great post! I love that you fight over who's going to brag about who. What a great example of building each other up in marriage! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Love it! Welcome baby Julia!!! Reading this makes me miss yall so much!

Johnstone Family said...

Congrats on the new arrival!