Friday, January 18, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


I guess I was more tired than I thought.

I decided to make a clock face cake for our New Year’s party with team mates.  As I began piping the gold numbers onto the ganache icing background, I realized that the right side of the “clock” was nicely spaced, but the left side was terribly bunched up.  I carefully lifted the chocolate numbers off and began again with smaller numbers.  It looked better but I still thought it odd how smooshed the left side looked compared to the right.  I went to bed thinking about the cake and I got up thinking about the cake.  I thought about it off and on during the day and finally had a chance just before leaving for the party to look up a clock face on-line to see how “they” get all the numbers to look normally spaced.

Then I realized.  Then Jeff’s comment the day before about my clock hands reading 1AM made sense.  I had put the one straight at the top not the 12.  I am a dork.  I am sleep deprived.  I am absent minded.  I am in a hurry.  Whatever the cause....Happy New Year just the same!


We had a great time ringing in the New Year with teammates. The kids swam while the adults tried to keep cool with terere and iced coffee.



We ate a great BBQ chicken and fixin’s dinner.


Kids played the Wii and watched a movie while adults played Apples to Apples.










We sang Happy Birthday to Ryan who turned THIRTEEN!

We ate fabulous desserts.

We toasted at midnight and set off fireworks.

No comments: