Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY RYAN!

December 31, 2009

I have always thought that Ryan had a cool birthday – December 31, 1999. I was in the hospital with a newborn baby when the world was supposed to come to an end over Y2K. I remember thinking that the hospital was probably the safest place to be if all the computers in the world failed because they had backup generators for their backup generators.
This year he turned 10 – double digits. I cannot believe that he is that old or that I am old enough to have a kid that old! He is a great kid and we are so blessed to have him.

This year he celebrated a couple days early on the 29th. Uncle Steve helped make it a fantastic birthday by taking Ryan, Joshua, and Jeff to The Main Event in Austin. The 4 guys spent all day rock climbing, playing glow-in-the-dark putt-putt, playing shuffle board, bowling, eating pizza, and playing laser tag. When they got home we ate salmon (that was Ryan’s birthday dinner request) and then had sports themed cupcakes.







1 comment:

houghslife (how's life?) said...

I'm loving your cupcake cake things Amy! What a man Jeff for taking the camera along and happy birthday Ryan. Wow. I can't believe you have a ten year old either. Have a great year!