Thursday, January 6, 2011

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?

December 10, 2010

At lunch today Ginny asked each kid where they wanted to live when they grew up.

Ryan (10 years old) said, “I’d live in Florida, California or Texas. I really like the beach, especially the Gulf of Mexico.” (Living in a land-locked country has given my kids such low standards of beaches!)

Tyler (6 years old) said, “I want to live in that hotel in Brazil that has the putt-putt golf course so I can play all day.”
Ryan said, “You can’t just play golf all day.”
Tyler said, “Well, I’ll start a mission there then too.”

Micah (4 years old) said,” I want to live on the beach on the sand.”
Ryan said, “You can’t have a house on the sand.”
Micah said, “If I build it tall, I can have a house on the sand.”

Ginny (8 years old) said, "I am thinking about living in Hawaii when I grow up, but I'm not 100% sure yet."
Mom said, "Why Hawaii?"
G: "So I can have the time of my life."
Ryan said, "You'll need a good job, things are expensive there."
G: "I'll probably marry someone rich or something."


But for now, this is our home.

4 comments:

Allen and Sandi Smith said...

I LOVE this post, especially Ginny's answer and how Ryan, the big brother, is questioning everyone's answers and trying to throw in some wisdom and practicality :-)

We are heading back to Peru next Wed. after our year furlough and looking forward to getting back to our Peruvian house too. ~Sandi

Jenifer Davidson said...

way to go GINNY! Be sure to save all of these answers and give them to the spouses just after engagement haha!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Our kids all want to live on a ranch... the same ranch. Evidently, Jason and I are to live there to cause "we get to help."
HA! I'll watch the grandkids! love y'all! Lauren

Sami said...

love it! miss you guys!