Tuesday, January 27, 2015

AND THEN THERE WAS TEN!

Sunday, December 28th I woke up at 4:00AM with a sore throat and pounding sinuses.  As I got up to check my temperature my water broke and contractions began.   I immediately woke up Jeff.  We both were too excited to go back to sleep.  I took a shower and then we watched a movie.  At 8:00 we tried to go back to sleep but couldn’t.  We got up as the kids woke up.  Micah was the first to get up and was super excited when I told him his brother or sister would be born that day.  He immediately wanted to wake everyone else up and herald the news.  Jeff began to set up his medical table and I set out the things clothes and blankets needed for baby’s arrival. We were hopeful that little #8 would be born soon.  Instead, it proved to be a typical McKissick labor as I labored ALL DAY LONG.
 Jeff's medical table
Baby things

My "throne"

At NOON I was dilated 3cm and having manageable contractions every 20-40 minutes apart.  By evening my contraction pattern was unfortunately the same.
We watched movies….and waited for contractions to pick up.
We played lots of games…and waited for contractions to pick up.
We ate dinner and put the kids to bed…and waited for contractions to pick up.
But they ever did.
AT MIDNIGHT I was only dilated to a 4! 
Jeff started Pitocin. 





 MONDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2015
1:00AM the contractions were finally picking up and we turned the Pitocin off.
2:00AM with intense contractions, I began to have hope that we would see our baby soon.
At 3:00AM we were finally able to meet our sweet precious baby….



IT’S A GIRL!
IT’S A CLAIRE JOY!




At 4:00AM we woke the kids to introduce them to Claire.  


 Claire was awake and very alert her first couple hours, taking everything in.  She nursed well, then found her fingers and went to sleep. 
 After the sun came up and we had some sleep the kids all took turn holding her and we introduced her to both sets of grandparents.











Getting a weight and length on Claire.
6lbs, 8oz
19in


Claire's first day was a big day.  She met and was passed around to all her siblings.  

She met and was passed around to all her grandparents.

She joined us for donut Monday. 
 and our Monday pizza dinner tradition
 And we celebrated her birth day.  Tyler made brownies for Claire with her name in marshmallows.  We all sang happy birth day to her.



No comments: