Friday, May 21, 2010

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

"You know why I am so excited about this birthday? Because I don’t think I’ve had it for a long time.” Joshua

Ever since day #1 of us arriving in Belton, the kids have had their eye on a water park that we pass nearly every day. For Joshua’s birthday we decided to try out Summer Fun. And fun we all had. Ryan and Jeff spent much time on the bigger slides. They all loved playing in the lazy river (Ryan thought we were saying “lousy River”). It is so much fun to be a family!

It was a full day for us – we left immediately after church to go to the park, then we had 15 minutes at home to change and go over to our friend’s house for their house blessing (they have the roof, foundation and siding up and they wanted people to write scriptures on the wood before the walls went up). While we were there, another friend took Ginny to her dance dress rehearsal.

We got home at 8 and Joshua finally got to open his gifts. He loved the punching bag, books, and Bakugan for us and the scooter from Grandma and Grandpa.





A couple days after Summer Fun Ginny told me that while she was swimming in the lazy river someone asked her if she was 5 years old. When she told them that she was 8 they acted amazed and commented on how short she was. Ginny told me that every time she passed them, they made a remark about her height. I asked Ginny if that hurt her feelings. She said, “No, I like being short because if I was bigger, more of me would stick out of the water and I would be cold. I like having the water up to my neck.” Now that is a positive attitude!
FYI – Ginny has always been on the short side – at 81/2, she is the average size of a 6 year old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I was catching up on all your recent posts and I am so sad that you will be leaving TX just as we go for a visit in July! It looks like you have had an eventful year, and I hope your travel back to Paraguay is smooth and that you all settle in to life there quickly. What an inspiration you are!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad Ginny is little cause Bella loves the hand me downs. :) We are going to miss yall while you are on your trip!