Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A WIGGLY CHILD and CHURCH

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our biggest goal on home assignment was to find a home church. Many of you have been praying for that very thing right along with us. After filling out an application, meeting with the missions committee and the elder board, Temple Bible Church has agreed to be our sending church. Today they introduced us to the congregation. God is good.

Since we were being introduced, we had to be at all 3 services. At all 3 services, all 7 of us stood up on the stage with the Pastor as Jeff briefly shared about the ministry and the Pastor prayed over us.

Service #1 (8:30) – First of all, let me say that 8:30 is early for our family to be up, dressed and coherent, especially on a Sunday. However, the kids all did great on stage. When we first got on stage, Micah said to me, “Lots of people.” He was content for me to hold him. Our intent was to sit through the service (no Sunday school for the kids that early) but Micah had a different plan. He saw his chair as a personal playground and he would not sit still. During worship it wasn’t too bad (since it was already loud), but once the pastor got up to preach, Micah decided to do a flip off the front row. He then proceeded to cry when I told him no. Jeff shot me “a look” and I quickly made my way down the long isle to the foyer where Micah and I sat for the service.

Service #2 (9:30) – Micah wasn’t content for me to hold him on stage and he sat on the stairs. He tossed and turned, but for the most part he was quiet and not a distraction.

Service #3 (11:30) – My children are tired as we lead them on stage again. Micah is not content for me to hold him nor does he want to just sit on the stairs. He decided to lie down on the stairs. And if that isn’t enough, he decided to make funny faces at the pastor….you know, the face where he spreads open his checks to look like the Joker, his fingers pulled his bottom eye lids down and his tongue wagged in and out. Tyler (who really should know better) thought it looked like a fun idea and decided to make the same face at Micah. People on the first couple rows were laughing (and egging the two on). Jeff shot me “that look” again and I picked Micah up. Micah did not want to be in my arms. He started wiggling and kicking his feet and trying to pull away from me (he already is hard for me to hold since I have a big belly and he is pretty big/long). He also started saying pretty loudly, “Put me down. I wanna get down.”

What a morning!

1 comment:

houghslife (how's life?) said...

oh, the things our kids go through and put us through huh?!? sympathizing with you sister!