Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WORKING

Friday, May 14, 2010

Today was Jeff’s last day of work! Working at Doctor’s Express has been a huge blessing for our family. It allowed him to work just 20 (or so) hours a week, have a flexible schedule and work with a wonderful staff. I am so thankful to have a husband who is hard working, loves his profession and genuinely cares about both the physical and spiritual needs of his patients. Three weeks ago the full time guy quit, so Jeff has been working 50 plus hours. The extra income has been a blessing and has allowed us to bless others, but the change in our schedule and the hours he was spending away from family definitely took its toll by that last week. Since the kids wouldn’t otherwise see Jeff for days on end, I kept them up past bedtime for us all to have dinner together when he got home at 8:30 or later. Then, of course, they wanted to wrestle with him and they got all rowdy…and of course, they didn’t want to go to bed and had a hard time settling down each night when we finally got them into bed. We all miss him when he is gone. Even Micah, who is such a mama’s boy said recently, “I hate daddy work all day long.” I love that they love their dad and even after a loooong day of work, he is excited to be with us and wants to spend time with us.

So all this staying up late and getting up early (we had many morning appointments for some reason these weeks), the lack of sleep was taking its toll on us. Thursday (yesterday) I really just lost it and walked in my flesh all day….well, until that night when I had to give my testimony for our home group….then, I acted like I had it all together spiritually (ha!). Seriously, I am thankful for our home group that loves, cares, encourages, and prays for me. I am also thankful for a God who loves and forgives me when I forget to DAILY lay my burdens down at his feet and die to self.

All that to say….Jeff is now unemployed and we all love it! Now he can get back to doing dad things again. The first of which, was to teach Tyler to ride his bike with no training wheels (he’s been asking for a couple weeks now). I am just glad that I didn’t have to do the “run behind and help balance the bike so the kid who has no balance on the bike won’t fall off” thing….that’s a lot of exercise! Tyler did ok, but will need a few more lessons before he set completely loose.


Ginny loves riding her bike.


Micah finally learned how to ride his bike. Before he was wanting to push backwards which made his bike brake. When he finally got the hang of it, he ran over to me and said, "My bike works now. You put in batteries?"


Tyler learning to ride with just 2 wheels


Ryan on his rip stick...or as Micah calls it a lipstick

No comments: