Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BEFORE LEAVING

July 2 Steve got married to Margaret. It was nice to get to know her this year.







Micah: “I don’t want spicy gum (Big Red), I want warm gum.”
Micah: “I want a pet carrot.” (Parrot)

Ginny: “I don’t really want to lose more teeth because I haven’t been able to whistle since I lost my two front teeth. There is no telling what I won’t be able to do next!”



Ginny was sitting on her bed looking like she was deep in thought. I asked her what was wrong. She said, “I am so sad. I miss Paraguay so much and I don’t think I can wait till next week to leave.” I asked, “What kinds of things do you miss about Paraguay?” She replied, “Everything. The food, our house, my friends, our animals…I get so bored in America and in Paraguay there is always something to do that I never am bored.” I inquired. “What kind of tings can you do in Paraguay that you can’t do in America?” As she told me, she was nearly in tears, “Well, there is so much dirt to play in and I love dirt. And you know those bars on our windows? We would tie all kinds of things to them and have so much fun.”

July 6 (my last night in town) I met a few ladies at Maggie Moos ice cream shop. They blessed me with things for Julia.



2 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

So glad you guys made it back to Paraguay safely. Your kids' quotes always make me laugh. We'll be praying for you guys as you all adjust to life back at "home". Although from the sounds of it, your kids are probably doing great!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Julia! Can't wait!