Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TALK ABOUT LAST MINUTE

Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday night Ginny had the sweetest prayer…”Dear God, touch baby Julia and cause her to flip over.” What a great image of the loving hand of our heavenly Father.

As Sunday rolled around, Jeff and I were both were being to lose hope that Julia would flip. At 39 at weeks she was still breech. Sunday afternoon, I began my upside down exercises. Jeff held a frozen piece of meat to Julia's head and then he began gently and gradually trying to turn her. It took about 15 minutes of slow, steady pressure and…..voila! She turned!

Today (Monday) we went to our scheduled ultrasound appointment. The arrangement last week was that if Julia was still breech then we would schedule a c-section for Tuesday or Wednesday. But the ultrasound confirmed that she had flipped. Praise God! As soon as we got back to the guest house Micah came running up to me asking, “Baby Juli-la head flipped over?” When I told him yes, he gave me a high five.

Now we can realistically think about a birth here at the guest house. Jeff has been busy gathering his supplies, sterilizing his instruments, he has made 2 runs to the pharmacy and he has setup the birthing room. I have been washing bedding and getting clothes, blankets and other things ready for baby.

9 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh Waskaly I love this post so much. I love your children. :) Praying for a safe and fun fun delivery by your hubby!!! :) Love you!

Unknown said...

Looks like y'all are ready!! Praying she comes quickly and smoothly. Ben delivered Eli and it will always be a very cherished memory.

houghslife (how's life?) said...

So what room at the guest house are you birthing in?!?!

Naomi said...

Wow! Yay! What an answer to prayers! I was so glad to read this today! We have been praying for you. What cute sayings from your kids.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is SO exciting! We will be praying for you as you prepare for her arrival. What a faith-builder for your sweet children!

Norberto Kurrle said...

I love it when God answers our children's prayers! Hope this is your best delivery yet!

Christie said...

What a wonderful answer to prayer. I'm so glad you'll get to birth at home. That's so special... :)

Amanda said...

What a beautiful blog post! Perhaps one of my favorite of yours! Hopefully she will decided to come meet her wonderful brothers and sister soon! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet new daughter!!

Blessings,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to "meet" her via blogland! Checking every day now! :)