Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TO TURN or NOT TO TURN

That is the question....

Our plan all along was to have Jeff deliver this baby at home (well, at the SIM guest house in Asuncion), but an ultrasound (at 36 weeks) just before we left Texas showed that Julia hadn't flipped head down yet. So, we began praying hard and Jeff found a bunch of exercises I needed to be doing in order to help her get into position.

A week after arriving in Paraguay, knowing that she still hadn't flipped, we went to the OB (i was 37weeks, 4days). He wants to see me next week (I’ll be 39 weeks) and if Julia hasn't flipped, then we’ll schedule a c-section. It will be my first c-section and actually my first surgery.

In the mean time, I’m still doing these funky exercises and praying! The kids prayers are so sweet too. They are all so excited about meeting baby and ask all kinds of curious questions (sometimes too curious).

Things I like about medical care in Paraguay:
Hearing my weight in kilograms
In and out of the doctor’s office in 45 minutes
Calling for an appointment and getting in that same day
4D ultrasound
Medical care is given to us free as a professional courtesy


38 1/2 weeks


doing exercises to get baby t o flip

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on baby Julia! You can do it! Hope she flips soon!

...and I think maybe I'll change our home scale to kilograms. ;)

Abbie said...

Praying for that little babers, Wask! I love her name! :) And I love YOU!

Unknown said...

Praying that she turns. Do they do external versions in paraguay? I know there are risks involved. Ben could fly down and do it! You have such an amazing family. Really enjoy keeping up with you.

Naomi said...

Praying for you all too! Luv you! Free healthcare - NICE!

Christie said...

Glad y'all are back "home" again. I am praying for a turn so that you can deliver as you'd like. Camille turned at the absolute last minute. (PS- I like that kg weight thing, too!)