Sunday, May 1, 2011

DUCK DINNER

March 4, 2011

Two of my Paraguayan friends came over today to help me kill a couple of ducks. Jeff and I have done this before but it always takes a long time. I was curious to see how they did it, plus I just enjoy their company.



Hunters and gatherers: Zulma, Me, Rosi and intern Courtney


Dipping the duck in boiling water to loosen the feathers.


Rosi and I plucking feathers.


Zulma plucking and our cat intently waiting.


One thing that so impresses me about my daughter Ginny, is that she is so willing to try anything. When my friends prepared the brain, Ginny was the first person to taste it. “Mmmmm,” she said. “It tastes like chicken heart.” (She loves chicken heart, by the way.)



Ginny trying the brain.


Joshua enjoying the final product. yum!


A couple nights later we had the opportunity to try cow kidneys, tongue and small and large intestine. She ate them all with a smile.

1 comment:

Jenifer Davidson said...

Sorry, but gross! Glad Ginny is a trooper. I'd sure get skinny there!