Wednesday, October 10, 2012

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, MICAH!


 
September 29, 2012
 
I cannot believe this guy turned SIX today!
 


His birthday dinner request was chicken hearts.

 

I am thankful to be released from the hospital in order to help celebrate with him, although I didn’t feel like eating any chicken hearts.

 

We tried to try to find a bike for Micah for his birthday.  After zero success, a Paraguayan told us that it’s a seasonal item.  Who knew?  We’ll keep checking and hopefully he will have a new bike before we leave the city.

 

Micah bought a hamster with his birthday money.  His name is Lucky.


In the evening of his birthday Micah told me that he didn’t think he was really six.  When I asked his why, he said, “If I am six, then why do I still suck my thumb?”  Good question.  Micah did stop the habit a couple months back, but began again when we moved into our new house.  We’ve been pressuring him to stop by his birthday.  He told us in the days leading up, “I have decided that I might maybe possible stop on my 6th birthday.”

 

Around here, Micah is probably best known for his fashion.  Let’s see...there were the rain boots he wore every single day for 2 years and now that he has out grown them, it’s a real struggle to get him to wear any shoes.  A bathing suit and no shirt have been his preferred “outfit” for a year and a half now.  This kids needs to be a beach bum in California!  Every now and then (if we’re going out and we require actual clothes), he will put on a skeleton costume or and army costume.  What can I say?  He’s six.

No comments: