Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fruit, Fruit and more Fruit!

It is citrus season! For several months now our trees in the backyard have been laden with tangerines and lemons. The kids love to eat the tangerines and I am thankful for the healthy snack. Jeff and I are enjoying freshly squeezed lemonade. People that stop by to visit bring grapefruit, oranges and guava by the bagfuls. When go visiting we receive fresh squeezed juice and then we’re handed sacks full of fruit to bring home. I have a soft spot for the people that sell things door to door. I can’t resist buying a dozen oranges for 16cents! Needless-to-say, I am thankful for my juicer and find it even therapeutic at times to juice fruit.

I have found some wonderful new recipes: Lemon Poppy-Seed Bread, Citrus Crepes, Sunrise Pancakes with orange syrup, Lemon Baked Chicken, Lemon Bars, Orange Spice Cake, Orange pork, Orange Butter Frosting, Orange and chocolate muffins, Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken, Lemon pound cake, and (my personal favorite on a sunny day) Strawberry lemonade slush.


2 comments:

Abbie said...

Oooo- can I have a couple recipes? I am especially interested in the strawberry lemonade slush and the lemon and garlic grilled chicken!!!

Unknown said...

I am an old lady who found your blog through Sarah Higgins blog which I get through my daughter-in-laws blog. I just wanted to let you know that I am adding you and your family and your ministry to my daily prayer list. Your receipes sound wonderful. I do not cook much anymore but still like to look at recipes.God be with you.