Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Room School Tent

September 9, 2008

Today Ginny and Joshua were playing so well while I helped Ryan with his school work that I hated to break up the fun to call them to school. The two had made a “hotel” (tent) out of chairs and blankets on our front porch. Instead of bringing them inside for school I decided it was easier for me to crawl into the “hotel”. So there we three sat for an hour while we talked science, did an art project, and read Charlotte’s Web.




Planting the Garden

Today I worked in the garden. I planted carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, green peppers, and tomatoes. I had great helpers. While I hoed the ground Ryan dug the holes and Joshua put in the seeds and covered them again. I will probably have to spend just one more morning planting the rest – squash, onions, green beans and watermelons.

1 comment:

John J Sweeney said...

Watermelons! My favorite!

Did you see this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1390088.stm