Sunday, June 5, 2011

PARAGUAYAN MOTER'S DAY

May 15, 2011

Today Joshua gave me the best present any mom could have asked for (and on Paraguay’s Mother’s Day too)...he prayed to accepted Jesus in to his heart!!!

Although he tries to pretend he is really tough, Joshua has such a tender heart.

They way he plays with Julia is precious; kissing her and talking sweetly to her about life. Recently he told me, “I couldn’t sleep any longer, I just had to play with Julia!”

His prayers for others are very tender. When we ask him to pray about something, he prays that night and he continues to pray until the issue is resolved. He’ll often ask about people in the church or our family just to see how everyone is doing.

Joshua and Ginny are most often joined at the hip, playing side by side. There is no limit to their imagination together. When one of them is missing (playing at a friend’s house), the other is “lost”.

I remember when Joshua was 6. I was dreading trying to teach this active, ants-in-his-pants child. But, he has been an absolute delight. He loves learning and does very well at it!

I love Joshua so much and I am so thrilled to watch him grow in understanding of the Lord!



No comments: