Thursday, June 16, 2011

WEEK of JUNE 6-10

The interns are divided into 2 groups, and in the mornings, they rotate between seeing patients in the clinic with Jeff and going visiting with me. At noon, they go back to their host homes for lunch and then at 2:00 come to our house for either a devotional time or class time. This week in class we discussed various mission articles.



Tuesday we helped Jenny celebrate her 22nd birthday!







It has been pretty cold here this week. One of the students has been wearing her shoes to bed to help keep her feet warm! Thursday we about froze to death during the outdoor evening bible study.

It is exciting to see the interns enjoying their host families. Every day they have new foods to report, new cultural things or words that they have learned.







In the midst of all this, my deep freeze, refrigerator, washing machine, and dryer all quit working. I told Jeff that if I thought about it too much, I might cry. All the meals I had made ahead to save time while the students were here had to be eaten before they arrived. Plus, I wasn’t able to bring back any of my usual cold items from Asuncion that I cannot get out here (cheese, yogurt, ground beef, chicken, bread, or butter). I was so thankful when we finally got the most important things up and working again. Our house was overflowing with 14 days of dirty clothes.

No comments: